Tomato sauce can contain a lot of sugar. This home-made tomato sauce recipe is easy, healthy and delicious.
I recommend making a double batch and storing the sauce in sterile jars.
- Serves: 12
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
This recipe is a modification taken from the book, A Fat Lot of Good.
- 2.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 400 grams canned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, paprika and all-spice and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add canned tomatoes and apple cider vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered for 12-15 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside to cool. Blend in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Distribute into sterile jars.
This bread is delicious with extra virgin olive oil or on its own. This recipe is a modification taken from ‘Liv Kaplan’. Serves: 12 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Ingredients 1.5 cups blanched almond meal 2 tablespoons coconut flour ¼ cup ground flaxseed...
Seed crackers are the perfect alternative to your standard bread crackers. This recipe is taken from The Real Meal Revolution. Serves: 30 Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 80 minutes Ingredients 100g sunflower seeds 100g pumpkin seeds 60g flaxseeds 100g sesame seeds 3...
This recipe is from the Diet Doctor with slight modifications. Use whatever mince you like and change it up every time. Add in some vegetables, herbs and spices to your liking. Serves: Family Prep time: 45 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes Ingredients Meat filling ½ (55...