Beef Brisket is one of the best cuts of meat for braising or slow cooking. Brisket is a tough cut of meat, hence the need for it to be slow cooked. You can serve this with vegetables, use it for tacos or turn it into a burrito bowl. This recipe is a take from Jamie Oliver.
- Serves: Family
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 4 hours 55 minutes
- 1.5kg beef brisket
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- olive oil
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 x 400 g tin of plum tomatoes
- 500 ml bone broth
- 2 red onions
- Place the beef on a board and lightly score one side.
- Bash the cinnamon, cumin, paprika and oregano in pestle and mortar, then rub into the cuts in the beef. Season well with sea salt and black pepper, drizzle over a little oil and brown the brisket well in a large pan over a high heat.
- Place the bay leaves, whole peppers, plum tomatoes (breaking them up with the back of a spoon as you go), and the stock in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Peel and finely slice the onions.
- Add the onion to the pan with the brisket, cook for 5 minutes, then transfer the lot to the large pot, cover, and leave to simmer for 4 to 4½ hours, or until beautifully tender, stirring occasionally and adding splashes of water to loosen, if needed.
- Gently pull the beef apart using 2 forks.
This bread is delicious with extra virgin olive oil or on its own. This recipe is a modification taken from ‘Liv Kaplan’. Serves: 12 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Ingredients 1.5 cups blanched almond meal 2 tablespoons coconut flour ¼ cup ground flaxseed...
Seed crackers are the perfect alternative to your standard bread crackers. This recipe is taken from The Real Meal Revolution. Serves: 30 Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 80 minutes Ingredients 100g sunflower seeds 100g pumpkin seeds 60g flaxseeds 100g sesame seeds 3...
This recipe is from the Diet Doctor with slight modifications. Use whatever mince you like and change it up every time. Add in some vegetables, herbs and spices to your liking. Serves: Family Prep time: 45 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes Ingredients Meat filling ½ (55...